We All Have The Power to Protect and Sustain Our Blue Ocean
GAIA Conservation is a community that focuses on supporting and contributing significantly to the conservation of marine mega fauna, namely sharks, rays and turtles, both scientifically and socially. GAIA Conservation was founded in 2017 and is based in Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia. GAIA Conservation works to provide understanding and raise awareness of the general public, especially youth, about the sustainability of marine mega fauna in Indonesia.
Currently, GAIA Conservation members consist of undergraduate students from the Department of Marine Science and Oceanography from Diponegoro University. Going forward, GAIA Conservation hopes to attract young people from various backgrounds to become members and connect with various marine environmental communities from various regions and/or countries. We will use this collective strength to motivate and inspire us to create a harmonious and sustainable marine environment.
- To make GAIA Conservation as an official institution engaged in the conservation and management of marine mega fauna in Indonesia.
- To make GAIA Conservation an organization that contributes significantly to the conservation and management of marine mega fauna in the social and scientific fields of Indonesia.
- Conduct marine mega fauna conservation programs in regional scope to be qualified as a recognized professional organization.
- Collaborate with parties that able to support programs, establish good relations, and expand networks.
- Conduct marine mega fauna conservation programs in the social sector to increase public awareness, improve the quality of human resources, and perform community service.
- Conduct marine mega fauna conservation programs in the science sector as a step and preliminary data to organize social activities and/or other science activities.